D&H Distributing is firming up partner support, most recently in the form of a mini task force, and also is creating student/teacher solution bundles in response to customer needs in light of the Covid-19 pandemic that’s expected to drag on for months.
The new strategic initiatives are designed to help partners meet the needs of their customers, specifically in the education sector and for companies that are ramping work from home environments for their employees. The distributor also changed its scheduled D&H Thread technology conference to go live online March 26, the same day that the physical event was originally scheduled.
“We’re seeing high demand among our partners for collaborative technologies including hardware, software, cloud-based infrastructures and services in order to quickly equip their customers for telecommuting,” said Dan Schwab, co-president at D&H Distributing. “MSPs are working hard to meet this new demand, while dealing with the stresses of mitigating the virus in their own offices and personal lives. D&H is committed to providing the resources, solutions, and services that will help them accomplish this. Our teams have literally been available 24/7 for partners to help with product needs.”
Here’s what D&H is doing to help partners:
- The company is working closely with manufacturers to increase availability of key in-demand product categories, including laptops, mobile devices, displays, Wi-Fi solutions, cloud-based storage and infrastructure, security, unified communications services, plus mobile peripherals and accessories.
- D&H has built a mini task force to help create solutions that integrate hardware, software, cloud, and device-as-a-service (DaaS) licensing programs, to help MSPs quickly acclimate their end customers to remote workplace or instructional environments.
- D&H is creating SMB product bundles to guide MSPs in the sale of collaboration solutions which will incorporate mobile, cloud and security solutions. This will include a remote student/teacher bundle and a telemedicine bundle.
- The company is building educational content for MSPs on business continuity and collaboration, incorporating solutions like Microsoft Teams, Dropbox, Intermedia and RingCentral. This includes an existing business continuity Solutions Lab webcast, available on-demand.
- The distributor is compiling a partner resource list outlining categories and vendors that can create turnkey solutions for a plan to help ease disruption in the marketplace.
- D&H also is finalizing an MSP/VAR checklist to help partners ask the right questions and compile comprehensive, requisite information for each project, so they can quickly move forward with installations.
Regarding the D&H Thread technology conference, sessions will focus on topics that are relevant during the COVID-19 social distancing period, including business continuity, UC/collaboration, cloud services and security.
The Threadcast will be best live for real-time engagement, but partners will be able to view and participate on-demand at their convenience for weeks after, according to the distributor.