The systems integrator announced that the new Center of Excellence will help create solution blueprints for mobile edge computing (MEC), IoT, network function virtualization and other “complex, multivendor, open source solutions.”
The center will use Dell infrastructure and harness use WWT’s previously established Advanced Technology Center (ATC) for testing and validation. Customers will develop replicable solution blueprints in the center before using’s WWT’s integration facilities to integrate and eventually deploy them. The Openstack Foundation’s Airship open source initiative, which includes AT&T and Dell, will use a lab from the Center of Excellence.
Joe Wojtal, chief technology officer of WWT’s global service provider organization, said the new offering helps service providers build new revenue streams in a shorter amount of time.
“In the future, agents/VARs/MSPs that simply resell a single vendor’s hardware or software will struggle, as service providers (SPs) are looking to deploy complex, multivendor solutions to deliver new services to their enterprise and consumer customers,” Wojtal told Channel Partners. “By creating multivendor blueprints in the Advanced Technology Center (ATC), WWT and Dell will allow the SPs to begin their deployment efforts with at least 70% of the solution completed and will provide the customization services to deliver the remaining 30%.”
WWT says the rise of 5G is forcing service providers to change their networks in order to accommodate shifting customer requirements. Kevin Shatzkamer, Dell EMC’s vice president of enterprise and service provider strategy and solutions, said businesses “must identify ways to simplify and streamline their existing and new networks.”
“This Center of Excellence brings together the best of Dell Technologies and WWT to rapidly deploy solutions at scale and reduce the complexity for service providers, allowing them to focus on their core business,” Shatzkamer said.
WWT is a titanium black partner with Dell.
This is cool — @wwt_inc and @DellTech are opening a Center of Excellence to help service providers more quickly consume and monetize the technology needed to deploy 5G (edge, IoT, NFV, etc). Good stuff ahead! https://t.co/5DSnfvb8Js
— Brian Feldt (@bfeldt) February 21, 2020