NTT Corp. has consolidated 28 divisions, including NTT Communications, Dimension Data and NTT Security, into an $11 billion global technology services provider.
NTT Ltd. employs about 40,000 people in offices across more than 70 countries and regions. The launch of the new identity follows NTT’s announcement last August that several of its subsidiaries would be brought together to form one global holding company.
Jason Goodall, NTT Ltd.’s CEO, tells Channel Partners that it “makes sense” as a new global company to unite under one name and brand identity.
“As one NTT, we have a powerful story to tell: bringing together a substantial global workforce to create a technology services powerhouse, focused on doing great things for people, businesses and society,” he said.
Goodall said by bringing together these companies, NTT Ltd. will offer channel partners:
- Access to a “more comprehensive range and greater depth” of skills across multiple technologies and capabilities.
- Global technology and managed services that are “world leading” in scale and depth.
- An improved ability to deliver more in-depth industry solutions for clients.
- “World-class” managed service platforms with the ability to deliver local customizations to meet clients’ needs in each market.
- Increased investment in innovation and R&D.
In addition, the company selected London for its global headquarters.
“We have an excellent track record in London, which we are committed to continuing through a new global HQ,” Goodall said. “London is rich in talent and industry expertise, strategically aligned to our focus on IT and innovation, and also a central hub with access to global locations.”
Tsunehisa Okuno, NTT Ltd.’s chairman and NTT Corp.’s executive vice president, said along with creating a “very strong technology and managed services provider in NTT Ltd., we have also increased our commitment to invest more in R&D, new technology startups through our venture capital fund, and developing our own disruptive innovation business team.”
“We see the opportunity to help our clients and communities more effectively when we bring all of these capabilities together,” he said.