**Editor’s Note: Click here for our recent list of “Top Partners: The Best of the Best,” featuring channel partners recognized by numerous companies in the industry.**
Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS) Tuesday recognized a combination of vendor partners and channel partners, such as Dell EMC, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Bridgepointe Technologies, with its annual Partner Performance Awards.
Sungard AS’ Tom Cecconi
Each year, Sungard AS names partners globally that it says have “excelled at both execution and customer service while helping customers solve IT transformation problems so they can accelerate business.”
“With a strong network of technology and solution partners, Sungard AS collaborates with the most respected names in the industry to bring solutions to the market,” said Tim Cecconi, Sungard AS’ senior vice president of sales. “Partners are a strategic part of Sungard AS’ (go-to-market) strategy and each of these companies stood out in their efforts to help us provide critical application management, production, cloud and disaster recovery services to joint customers in 2017.”
This year’s recipients are:
- North America Partner of the Year — Softchoice. The company was responsible for driving new business across the Sungard AS portfolio of disaster recovery, application cloud and hosted private cloud solutions last year.
- Alliance Partner of the Year — Dell EMC. Sungard AS and Dell EMC executed a joint go-to-market plan delivering market-differentiated cloud and as-a-service production and recovery offerings to customers.
- Outsourcing Partner of the Year — HCL Technologies. The company successfully integrated Sungard AS offerings into its next-generation infrastructure outsourcing engagements, which support complex hybrid national and multinational enterprises.
- Breakout Technology Alliance Partner of the Year — AWS. Sungard AS and AWS executed a joint go-to-market plan to launch Sungard AS Cloud Recovery — AWS, an enterprise-class, service level agreement (SLA)-backed managed recovery service.
- Regional Partner of the Year (West) — Bridgepointe. The company has been a key partner in the Western United States for the last several years and delivered 20 percent year-over-year revenue growth in 2017.
- Regional Partner of the Year (Canada) — Illumiti. As a SAP SI and consulting partner, Illumiti drove strong, incremental revenue growth of Sungard AS’ application cloud services within their client base last year.
- Regional Partner of the Year (East) — Iron Bow Technologies. The company distinguished itself through a strong commitment to training, enablement and go-to-market activities.
As trusted advisers to their clients, authorized channel partners incorporate Sungard AS offerings into their portfolios of hardware, software and professional services. From technology partners to solution providers, Sungard AS’ partnerships offer customers a broad array of production and recovery services along with value-added consultation, the company said.