PRESS RELEASE — CAMPBELL, CA–(Marketwired – August 31, 2015) – Following the typically slow first quarter, global service provider router and switch revenue spiked 19 percent in the second quarter of 2015 (2Q15), to $3.9 billion, according to the IHS Infonetics Service Provider Routers and Switches report from IHS (
“While the SDN (software-defined networking) hesitation that we’ve been talking about the past many quarters is still in play in the carrier routing and switching space, core router upgrades and replacements prompted by the move to 100GE contributed to a nice uptick in the second quarter,” said Michael Howard, senior research director for carrier networks at IHS.
MORE ROUTER AND SWITCH MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
With the SDN hesitation slowing router and carrier Ethernet switch spending, IHS is projecting the worldwide service provider router and switch market to grow at a 2.0 percent compound annual growth rate from 2014 to 2019.
Carrier switching and routing revenue was up in all major geographical regions in 2Q15 from a year ago, with the exception of Asia Pacific, which was down 16 percent.
It was the usual suspects vying for router-only market share in 2Q15, with Cisco leading, Huawei maintaining the 2-spot, Juniper rising to 3rd and Alcatel-Lucent a very close 4th.
ROUTER AND SWITCH REPORT SYNOPSIS
The quarterly IHS Infonetics Service Provider Routers and Switchesmarket research report tracks the foundational network equipment-IP edge and core routers, vRouters and carrier Ethernet switches (CESs)-that enables voice, video and data communications. The research service provides worldwide, regional, China and Japan market share, market size, forecasts through 2019, analysis and trends. Vendors tracked include Alaxala, Alcatel-Lucent, Brocade, Ciena, Cisco, Coriant, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Hitachi Metals, Huawei, Juniper, NEC, UTStarcom, ZTE, others. To purchase the report, visit www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
WEBINAR: SDN LESSONS LEARNED
Join analyst Michael Howard Sept. 24 at 11:00 AM ET for SDN and NFV: Lessons Learned Moving from the Lab to Commercial Service,an event sharing lessons learned by operators who have inserted SDN and NFV into their existing networks, including impacts on operational processes and procedures. Register here: http://event.on24.com/wcc/r/1032687/A057BCB49618F60C87CEB93F90666373.
Carriers on Track to Spend $5.7B on SDN Hardware, Software & Services by 2019:
Network Operators Reveal SDN Plans, Timing and Challenges in New Survey:
Operators Rate Router and Switch Vendors; Cisco #1 for 3rd Straight Year:
Mixed-Bag Carrier Ethernet Equipment Market Set to Top $29 Billion in 2019:
Virtual Routers on Track to Grow 125% in the Next Year:
Operators Spent $67B Outsourcing Network Tasks in 2014:
Telecom Carrier Spending Entering New Era Marked by Diverse Regional Trends:
RECENT AND UPCOMING RESEARCH
Download the IHS Infonetics 2015 service brochure or log in: www.infonetics.com/login.
– Router & Switch Vendor Leadership: Global Service Provider Survey (June)
– SDN Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey (July)
– Analyst Note: The Ericsson EVR vRouter (Aug.)
– Carrier SDN Hardware, Software & Services Forecast (Aug.)
– Routing, NFV & Packet-Optical Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey (Aug.)
– Ethernet & IP MPLS VPN Services Forecast (Sept.)
– Ethernet Access Devices (EADs) Forecast (Sept.)
– Service Provider Router & Switch Vendor Scorecard (2015)
IHS INFONETICS WEBINARS (https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events)
– Building Application-Aware Mobile Networks Using SDN & NFV (Sept. 16: Register)
– SDN & NFV: Lessons Learned (Sept. 24: Register)
– SDN & NFV: Accelerating PoCs to Live Commercial Deployment (Watch now)
– Service Provider Experiences with NFV: The Good, Bad & Ugly (Watch now)
– Router Bypass: Using NFV to Deliver Enterprise Services (Sponsor)
TO PURCHASE RESEARCH, CONTACT:
IHS Sales: +1 844-301-7334
About IHS (www.ihs.com)
.@MicroCorp is targeting the "exploding" Southwest partner scene. goo.gl/fb/VFWJ6k
February 15 2019 @ 14:45:26 UTC