Siemens Enterprise Communications is positioning itself to better compete against Cisco and Microsoft. The company is taking aim at its rivals by giving itself a new name, taking the focus off telecom hardware and instead concentrating on UC software.
Bloomberg reported that Siemens which now goes by “Unify” expects the rebrand to make it more attractive for financial possibilities.
Were putting ourselves in a different neighborhood,” Hamid Akhavan, CEO of Unify, the former Siemens Enterprise, told Bloomberg. That neighborhood is boundless in terms of opportunities, growth opportunities, IPO opportunities, M&A opportunities.”
Siemens owns 49 percent of Unify, while Gores Group LLC owns the remaining 51 percent. The two companies formed the joint venture in what was then Siemens Enterprise in 2008. The switch to “Unify” does not change those holding amounts or Unify’s management structure, the company said on Tuesday.
Meantime, the rebrand comes as Unify continues work on its Project Ansible undertaking. The company plans to release the platform in July of next year; customer trials will start earlier in 2014, in January. Project Ansible will be sold through channel partners.
The UC platform was unveiled this past June and will complement, not replace, Siemens OpenScape. Project Ansible’s biggest draw may be its single view, which means users do not have to jump in and out of applications such as Salesforce.com, Microsoft or LinkedIn, for example. All of those programs, and more, are accessible from within Project Ansible. Further, Project Ansible turns meetings into voice and video transcripts, and will transcribe and search voice mail, email, social media content, text messages and more. Then, users can find colleagues working on similar projects.
The first version of Project Ansible will be delivered via the cloud, in a SaaS model, Unify said.
Ever think, "Does my company have the right mobile strategy for this era?" Find out how you can help your clients a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
October 18 2019 @ 20:15:05 UTC
In our webinar learn about workplace communication trends that will help you scale your business in 2020. @nextiva dlvr.it/RGT7ks
October 18 2019 @ 15:43:02 UTC
Want to keep up with the hottest channel headlines? Our weekly newsletter is for you. Sign up here >>… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
October 17 2019 @ 18:01:04 UTC