On the heels of rebranding itself a unified communications (UC) provider, Polycom Inc. on Wednesday said it has consolidated all of its 7,000 partners into one framework.
The new Polycom Partner Network been divided into seven categories:
- Strategic Alliances, for other UC companies
- Technology Partners, for independent hardware, software or vertical market companies. These partners will be key to developing new UC approaches.
- Developers, for ISVs that use APIs to integrate with Polycom’s RealPresence platform
- Distributors, for companies such as ScanSource Communications
- Solution Advisors, for VARs and resellers
- System Integrators, for contractors that design and deploy UC open-source systems
- Service Providers, for partners with their own networks or network agreements
The all-in-one framework also includes a new developer program for ISVs doing application programming; software development kits; and branding for partners putting Polycom software into their own devices and software. The company also has retooled its PolycomConnect for Partners portal.