A new survey of managed service providers focused on the small business market shows that many MSPs might be missing revenue-generating opportunities in the areas of offsite data backup and recovery services.
The informal survey was conducted by Modular Data Protection Services, a provider of cloud-data protection for the channel serving the SMB/SME market.
Our research shows that many MSPs are currently offering planning services for disaster recovery and business continuity, but the majority havent yet taken steps to offer an offsite backup and recovery solution to support their plans,” said Eric Strong, president and CEO, Modular DPS.
Key findings of the survey include:
- The most popular core focus area (56 percent) for MSPs was remote monitoring and management services. Disaster recovery and business-continuity planning tied with remote help desk as the second most popular (44 percent) core focus area. Offsite data backup and recovery services was third (42 percent).
- Offsite data backup and recovery services placed second (42 percent) following Managed VOIP (44 percent) as the most popular line extension for the MSPs surveyed.
- Half of the MSPs offer disaster recovery and business-continuity planning services, but just 26 percent of those also offer offsite data backup and recovery services today.
- Seventy percent of the MSPs surveyed had customers with less than 1TB of data.
- Thirty percent do not have a regular performance and planning review process for their customers.