Toshiba Telecom dealers now can sell ADTRAN gateways with the IPedge communications system.
ADTRAN’s Total Access 908 and 908e gateways have been certified as interoperable with the IPedge family. The devices convert T1/ISDN-PRI to SIP trunks, which reduces businesses’ communications costs. The 900 Series features:
- SIP implementation
- Analog and PRI to SIP conversion for legacy support over an IP network
- Dynamic bandwidth allocation
- G.729a voice compression
- Added survivability for network outages
- Voice Quality Monitoring for enhanced QoS
- IP router for data support and Internet access
- Stateful inspection firewall for network security
- QoS for delay-sensitive traffic such as VoIP
- 10-year warranty in North America
This latest deal marks another channel-focused coup for ADTRAN. Over the past few years, the equipment supplier, which traditionally focused more on carrier customers, has teamed with master agents such as TBI to beef up its channel distribution.