Wireline technicians certainly face risks working around power lines, but Verizon Communications is calling the electrocution of one of its workers a rarity.
37-year-old Douglas Lalima was working on some cables in Brooklyn, N.Y., Wednesday morning when he came in contact with a live wire. Residents and business owners in the area say they heard some crackling and then saw Lalima catch on fire. He died at the scene.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is looking into the incident to determine if there were any safety violations involved. A Verizon spokesman said he doesnt know exactly how Lalima came in contact with the power lines, but told the Wall Street Journal that an accident like this is very unusual.”
A witness who owns a tire shop in the area said it appeared Lalina was running telephone cable and somehow got caught on the power line.
The deadline to enter Channel Partners Digi Awards is less than a month away. Don’t miss your opportunity to be rec… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
January 18 2019 @ 17:55:05 UTC