Motorola Solutions has introduced a new series of ruggedized enterprise mobile computers. The MC55A0 series of mobile devices is designed for in-premise applications, such as retail, hospitality and health care, the company said in a press release today. Motorola further explained, The new MC55A0 series, part of Motorolas mobile knowledge worker portfolio, redefines workforce productivity and efficiency and provides support for the most demanding in-premise business applications. Available in two models, the MC55A0 is designed for customer-facing business applications, while the MC55A0-HC is available in white and blue and is disinfectant-ready for healthcare environments.”
On a conference call, Girish Rishi, corporate vice president and general manager of mobile computing, Motorola Solutions, said, The MC55A0 series raises the bar for in-building voice and data communications. These new mobile computers will be a cost-effective solution that works on virtually any wireless LAN, and will deliver new levels of business efficiency. The Wi-Fi-enabled MC55A0 series will eliminate the challenges associated with in-building cellular coverage.”
Motorola also offered a list of key facts regarding the MC55A0 series, including:
- Designed to improve customer and patient satisfaction, the rugged MC55A0 series empowers mobile workers in retail, hospitality, manufacturing, healthcare and government agencies with a unique combination of form and function to access and capture information quickly and accurately. Comprehensive capabilities allow workers to scan bar codes, access business applications, capture images, view videos, access Internet and e-mail, and receive private push-to-talk voice calls.
- Offering a superior user experience and cost-effective voice communications, the MC55A0 series supports voice and data over the wireless LAN (WLAN). In addition, Motorola’s Total Enterprise Access and Mobility (TEAM) Express solution provides Push-To-Talk capability between the MC55A0 and other Motorola devices, including mobile computers, TEAM VoWLAN smartphones, and Motorola two-way radios for virtually instant communication.
- The MC55A0 incorporates the latest-generation technology platform that offers best-in-class application performance and a super-bright, 3.5-inch PenTile VGA display that offers visibility in virtually all lighting conditions
- Built to last, the MC55A0 series can withstand the rigors of in-building use and in areas outside a facility. The MC55A0 delivers outstanding performance, even after exposure to heat, cold, dust, water – and all models can be sanitized to help prevent the spread of germs to patients and caregivers in a hospital as well as shift workers in other industries where devices are shared.
- In addition to standard support for all the latest wireless authentication and encryption protocols and Motorola’s tested and certified Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), the MC55A0 series adds native FIPS 140-2 Level 1 certification, bringing government-grade security to businesses and government agencies.
Motorolas new MC55AO series will create opportunities for those servicing vertical markets and those looking for ruggedized solutions that stress mobility, without having to adhere to a laptop formfactor,” said Rishi. Additional information on the new mobile computers can be found by clicking here.