This is intense.
The Samsung Intensity II smartphone can now be ordered online. Youll find it in Verizon Wireless stores soon.
The Intensity II is being marketed to fans of the environment. It is made partly from recycled plastic and the packaging is partially made from recycled paper and partially printed with soy ink. The package size is smaller, creating less material to dispose of or recycle.
“We’re excited about the Intensity II launch because a major part of Verizon’s sustainability strategy is providing products that utilize post-consumer materials,” said Jim Gowen, chief sustainability officer for Verizon.
For customers interested in calculating their own carbon footprints, the Intensity II offers an eco-calculator to track car fuel mileage, efficiency and estimated amount of carbon dioxide emitted, along with a calendar and ringtones.
Other key features include:
- Full horizontal slide-out QWERTY keyboard with external numeric keypad
- 2.2-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixels) screen
- 1.3-megapixel infrared camera with night vision; series and divided shot modes; and color effects, including normal, black and white, antique, negative, aqua and green
- Voice commands and advanced speech recognition
- Bluetooth technology with support for headset, hands-free, stereo, phonebook access, basic imaging, object push for vCard and vCalendar, and serial port
- microSD card slot with support for up to 32 GB (card purchased separately)
- Built-in music player
- One-touch contact list to access frequently used contacts instantly
- Full suite of messaging options, including text, picture and voice messaging; Mobile IM; Mobile Chat; Mobile Email; and Mobile Web
- Social Beat application offers customers a single point for accessing social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace; e-mail; content feeds and instant messaging
- VZ Navigator capabilities for customers to receive audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and share the directions with others
You can pick it up in deep grey and metallic blue for just $49.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and a two-year service agreement with Verizon Wireless.