A man only heard what he described as a “loud boom.” When he looked up, he saw that his co-worker, an AT&T technician, was hanging motionless.
It happened Thursday on Detroit’s west side. The worker, in his 40s, was high above the ground working on a utility pole. He was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at the hospital.
There’s no official cause of death yet, but a DTE Energy spokesperson says it’s most likely electrocution. DTE and AT&T both used the utility pole to provide service in the area. Michigan’s OSHA will likely investigate further.