AT&T Inc. has announced enhanced security features and functionality for its network-based firewall offering.
New features and enhancements include:
- Anti-virus scanning of instant messaging applications
- Expanded URL filtering, allowing or blocking access to more than 80 categories of Internet Web sites
- User authentication to set policy controls over user-level access to the Internet
- In-line scanning of HTTP and FTP content for common virus, spyware and malware threats and vulnerabilities
- Active Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention Services (IDS/IPS), providing customizable policies and proactive investigational analysis and mitigation support
The fully managed, cloud-based solution requires no customer premises equipment, allows customers to manage and control individual users’ access to the Internet and helps prevent unauthorized access into their corporate AT&T network, the company said.