The Apple iPhone 3G S might have sold 1 million units in its opening weekend, but an internal AT&T memo says it achieved a number of records, including best-ever sales.
The memo, obtained by the site AllThingsD, details the following:
- Best-ever sales day in our retail stores
- Second-largest traffic day in our retail stores
- Most transactions processed via our IT systems in a single day
- Most upgrade eligibility checks in a single day
- Largest order day in att.com history
- Largest features sales day in att.com history
On this year’s launch day, iPhone sales exceeded sales recorded on 2008’s iPhone launch day, Black Friday 2008 and Dec. 26, 2008 – all heavy-volume sales days.