TECHtionary.com announced “SIP Planning Guide 2.5,” a significant expansion of a planning guide for SIP-VoIP, UC-Unified Communications, Microsoft OCS-Office Communications Server & Response Point and IPT-Internet Protocol Telephony networks.
The new version offers more than 100 new concepts for review. Some of the key highlights include:
- VLPS-Virtual Private LAN Service with MPLS
- Privacy-Security Lifecycle Management – Authors – Actualizers – Auditors – Analyzers
- PLC-Packet Loss Concealment – zero Insertion, wave-form substitution, etc.
- SIGTRAN (Signaling Transport)
- SCTP ─ Stream Control Transmission Protocol
- New options and new roles for Media Gateways replacing PBXs
- Expanded details on SBC-Session Border Controllers
- 50-point security checklist
- More than 30 solutions to common problems and troubleshooting guide
- Improved section on QoS and RTCP-XR-MRB
- Explanations of problems such as echo, crosstalk and asynchronous transcoding
- “Vo-eye-P” packet test
SIP Planning Guide 2.5 is available in the on-site and online courses. The online version is $199 per person or $499 for four. There is a special OCS-101 Office Communications Server module for $99 per user or less with discounts. Special SIP Forum Member and Microsoft Partner price is $99 per user.
TECHtionary.com Now Offers More Than 3,000 Tutorials
TECHtionary.com Unveils Virtual OCS Labs