**Editor's Note: Click here for Channel Partners' complete coverage of CompTIA ChannelCon 2014.**
CompTIA ChannelCon — Backup and data-protection provider Intronis said on Monday that Bare Metal Restore (BMR) is now part of its new ECHOplatform and flat-fee, unlimited cloud and unlimited local storage pricing plan.
The new BMR functionality is available at no extra charge to Intronis channel partners. It offers complete physical-to-physical (P2P) bare metal recovery and physical-to-virtual (P2V) BMR recovery options for greater flexibility and performance, the company said. These capabilities enable Intronis channel partners to choose from and deliver a variety of restore solutions such as:
- Recover back to the original system in the event of data corruption or hard drive failure;
- Recover to a replacement machine to address total system failure;
- Recover to a select point-in-time to resolve for data corruption or viruses;
- Restore physical images as virtual hard disks (VHD) to a local or network location;
- Restore protected images as a virtual machine (VM) by leveraging restored virtual hard disks; and
- Mount recovered images as a drive to the same or different machine for file-level restore.
“By integrating BMR right into the Intronis ECHOplatform and U2 Pricing Plan, we’re taking away the headache and added expense channel partners bear in having to ‘rebuild, restore, reboot,’" said Chuck DeLouis, vice president of product management, Intronis. “With our BMR solution, channel partners have access to a much simpler, highly-automated complete recovery process that virtually eliminates configuration errors, reduces expenses, and speeds recovery time."
Only recently did the company introduce the all-in-one Intronis ECHOplatform, which delivers secure, scalable and comprehensive cloud backup and data recovery, supporting a variety of in-demand services, plug-ins and extensions such as physical imaging, VMware and Hyper-V, as well as SQL and Exchange backup. The Intronis U2 Plan also is fairly new, simplifying pricing for channel partners by offering unlimited cloud and unlimited local storage at a fixed monthly cost.
Follow senior online managing editor @Craig_Galbraith on Twitter.