**Editor’s Note: Click here for our recently compiled list of new products and services that partners can sell.**
Managed Wi-Fi is growing in popularity as more organizations seek to offload data traffic onto Wi-Fi networks, but don’t want to spend all their time on oversight.
Thanks to that increasing demand, MegaPath Corp. has joined the likes of Lightpath, Cloud4Wi, AirTight Networks, Comcast and other providers in offering a managed Wi-Fi platform that helps businesses secure their WLANs without having to watch the wireless network like a hawk.
MegaPath says it is provisioning the product through the cloud. This approach eliminates the need for on-premises controllers, which removes the burden of oversight and maintenance from already stressed IT staff. Cloud-managed Wi-Fi also saves companies thousands of dollars because they don’t have to buy expensive, on-site equipment such as controllers.
MegaPath’s new managed Wi-Fi service offers the following:
- Network design, configuration and installation
- Network monitoring, management and around-the-clock help desk support via the Megapath NOC
- Built-in security for protection from attacks
- Automatic policy enforcement, by type or device
- Analytics on network usage, such as store traffic and loyalty data
The platform is aimed at SMBs and businesses with multiple locations or few IT experts. It is available for sale through channel partners.