**Editor's Note: Click here for a list of recent channel-program changes you should know.**
Symantec has unveiled a dozen new business distinctions designed to help partners distinguish their strengths in the market, and new financial uplifts that could help them increase their profitability.
The new “Symantec Competencies" are frameworks around which partners can build practices aligned to various Symantec technologies. Similar to competencies created by Cisco and others, these frameworks help partners brand their expertise and showcase their capabilities to potential customers.
The new Symantec Competencies unveiled this week include:
- Symantec Archiving Competency
- Symantec Data Security Competency
- Symantec Dynamic Storage and Continuity Competency
- Symantec eDiscovery Competency
- Symantec Endpoint Management Competency
- Symantec Endpoint Security Competency
- Symantec Enterprise Backup and Recovery Competency
- Symantec Gateway Security Competency
- Symantec Mid-Market Backup and Recovery Competency
- Symantec Mobility Competency
- Symantec Security Monitoring and Management Competency
- Symantec Website Security Competency
In addition to these, the company is preparing two more competencies, which it will announce in the months ahead. They are the Symantec Cloud Services Competency and the Symantec Managed Services Competency.
To qualify for a specific competency, partners will have to demonstrate excellence in three key areas: technical and sales ability, business performance and customer satisfaction. In addition, partners can further distinguish themselves based on their commitment to Symantec’s technology portfolio.