**Editor's Note: Click here for a list of recent channel-program changes you should know.**
Amazon Web Services said this week that its channel program now includes more than 8,000 technology and consulting partners worldwide, and its marketplace features more than 1,100 software products pre-configured for the AWS cloud.
Thanks to that growth, AWS is expanding its AWS Partner Network strategy for 2014. Here's what to expect:
- The APN Advanced Channel Program, a new designation that gives partners access to more tech support and content
- The APN SaaS Accelerate Program, which provides specialized technical content and support for ISVs running SaaS applications on AWS
- APN Partner Leads, a new pilot program that will provide leads and opportunities to select consulting partners
- The APN Business Development Training Series, which provides training and information for developing cloud practices
- APN Market Development Funding, available to select partners.
- The APN Partner Support Center, which connects partners with AWS staff
- Expanded APN Reference Implementations and Test Drives, so it's easier for partners to provide test software for customers and deploy that software.
"Our partners are critical to helping customers run their applications on AWS, and we will continue to invest in delivering the programs, tools and training to help our partners grow their cloud businesses, differentiate their offerings, and drive success for our joint customers," Terry Wise, director of the worldwide partner ecosystem for AWS, said in a press release.
AWS made the expansion announcement at its re:Invent conference taking place this week in Las Vegas.