CHANNEL PARTNERS — Channel Partners magazine, the leading resource for the communications industry's indirect sales channel, today announced the winner of the readers' choice 2013 Channel Executive of the Year award: Kevin Leonard, vice president of alternate channels for AT&T Alliance.
Leonard received the most partner votes, marking AT&T's first-ever Channel Executive title win.
Leonard is joined by 10 finalists, as this year featured a three-way tie among the nominees. In alphabetical order by last name, not by number of votes received, this year's finalists were:
- Ross Artale, COO, Spectrotel
- Tim Basa, Vice President of Sales, BullsEye Telecom
- J.R. Cook, Vice President Partner Channel Sales, EarthLink Business
- Mike Jerich, Vice President, Indirect Channels, Level 3 Communications Inc.
- Colin Johnston, Executive Vice President of Sales, Star2Star Communications
- Shane McNamara, Vice President of the Partner Channel, XO
- Carl Moore, Vice President, Business Development, Thinking Phone Networks
- Mike Nowak, Vice President, Sales, nexVortex
- Craig Schlagbaum, Vice President Indirect Channels, Business Class Services, Comcast
- Blake Wetzel, Vice President of Sales, CenturyLink Channel Alliance
Channel Partners announced the winner at finalists during the general session of the Spring 2013 Channel Partners Conference & Expo in Las Vegas.
Click here to view a gallery featuring the lighter side of the finalists and winner. These 11 channel chiefs also will be featured in the May/June issue of Channel Partners magazine.
To determine the Channel Executive of the Year, Channel Partners in December and early January solicited nominations from its readers, including agents, VARs, systems integrators, dealers, interconnects and consultants. To be eligible for the award, a nominee must have been the top person in the company’s channel operations — at the executive level of vice president or higher — at a communications vendor (network operator/service provider/manufacturer) in 2012. Then, throughout January, nearly 600 qualified channel partners cast their ballots for Channel Executive of the Year, based on nominees’ leadership, longevity, innovation and contribution to the indirect channel.