PHOENIX – Readers of Channel Partners magazine, the leading resource for the communications industry's indirect sales channel, have once again named the finalists for the annual Channel Executive of the Year award.
And this year, thanks to a three-way tie, there are 11 finalists. Each executive will be honored during an awards ceremony at 1:45 p.m. PT on Feb. 27 at the Spring 2013 Channel Partners Conference & Expo in Las Vegas. The winner also will be unveiled.
The finalists and winner also will be featured in the May/June issue of Channel Partners magazine.
"Each year's group of Channel Executive of the Year finalists is distinguished," said Khali Henderson, editor-in-chief of Channel Partners magazine, a VIRGO Publishing property. "This year's roster stands out for the solid mix of newcomers and familiar names. All of these executives have earned partners' loyalty and respect, and we congratulate the finalists for earning this recognition."
In alphabetical order by last name, this year's finalists are:
- Ross Artale, COO, Spectrotel
- Tim Basa, Vice President of Sales, BullsEye Telecom
- J.R. Cook, Vice President Partner Channel Sales, EarthLink Business
- Mike Jerich, Vice President, Indirect Channels, Level 3 Communications Inc.
- Colin Johnston, Executive Vice President of Sales, Star2Star Communications
- Kevin Leonard, Vice President of Alternate Channels, AT&T Alliance
- Shane McNamara, Vice President of the Partner Channel, XO
- Carl Moore, Vice President, Business Development, Thinking Phone Networks
- Mike Nowak, Vice President, Sales, nexVortex
- Craig Schlagbaum, Vice President Indirect Channels, Business Class Services, Comcast
- Blake Wetzel, Vice President of Sales, CenturyLink Channel Alliance
To determine the Channel Executive of the Year, Channel Partners in December and early January solicited nominations from its readers, including agents, VARs, systems integrators, dealers, interconnects and consultants. To be eligible for the award, a nominee must have been the top person in the company’s channel operations — at the executive level of vice president or higher — at a communications vendor (network operator/service provider/manufacturer). Then, throughout January, nearly 600 qualified channel partners cast their ballots for Channel Executive of the Year, based on nominees’ leadership, longevity, innovation and contribution to the indirect channel.
**Editor's Note: Click here to see last year's gallery of Channel Executive of the Year finalists and the winner.**
About VIRGO Publishing
VIRGO is an information distribution company focused on some of the world’s most innovative and complex business-to-business markets. Our mission is to help business professionals break through the hype, ambiguity and information deluge they experience, by offering trustworthy guidance that fuels their results-driven information journey.
About Channel Partners Magazine
For more than a quarter-century, Channel Partners has been the leader in providing news and analysis to indirect sales channels serving the communications industry. It is the unrivaled resource for resellers, aggregators, agents, brokers, VARs, systems integrators, interconnects and dealers that provide network-based communications and computing services, associated CPE and applications as well as managed and professional services. Channel Partners is the official media of the Channel Partners Conference & Expo (www.channelpartnersconference.com).