Distributor ScanSource Inc. made a series of announcements at its partner conference last week in South Carolina; here's a roundup of the company's latest news:
- Catalyst Telecom, a unit of ScanSource, has created a new pricing tool, called CoPilot, for Avaya resellers. Resellers take the platform they've crafted through Avaya Solution Designer, and combine it with applicable rebates, promotions and special bids. The tool then calculates total end-user pricing. There's also the ability to customize pricing and share quotes in formats such as XML or Excel.
- ScanSource said it provided $60.7 million in financing help for partners between January and August. The company expects that number to grow through the rest of the year. Financing options include credit, leasing, working capital and more. "There may be economic uncertainty, but we will continue to invest in our partners as demonstrated through our financial support," said Tim Ramsey, vice president of worldwide reseller financial services for ScanSource.
- ScanSource's POS and barcoding division unveiled MobilETC, a mobility education, training, certification and partnering program for resellers. Partners get remote installation support, programming and planning help, and access to services such as Wi-Fi surveys, wireless assessments and network vulnerability tests.
- ScanSource Inc. has become an Encryption Services Organization (EOS), meaning it now can load software and encryption keys onto terminals and devices, and provide tech support and programming assistance. The designation further means resellers no longer have to send payment terminals to the manufacturer or a third-party for injection. ScanSource's ability to serve as an EOS gives partners another selling point, and saves shipping charges and time.
- ScanSource Security now offers a web-based product selection tool, dubbed SNAP, for its resellers and dealers. The system lets dealers search by parameters such as manufacturer and part number; it then provides a data sheet with suggested pricing. ScanSource Security specializes in access control, surveillance, CCTV, wireless infrastructure and identification products.
- ScanSource Communications launched its Executive Briefing Center, featuring Polycom's UC products. The center is a brick-and-mortar facility in ScanSource's Lenexa, Kan., office. It contains an immersive telepresence display, for example, where resellers can hold live demos for potential clients. Partners "can see, touch and feel the solutions and provide their end-user customers with a true presentation of the benefits video collaboration and telepresence solutions can bring to their business," said Buck Baker, president of ScanSource Communications.
- ScanSource Communications has added Chief mounts, racks and other products to its portfolio; resellers now can help their customers mount their video gear. Chief is a division of Milestone AV Technologies, which provides mounting and display equipment for various audiovisual technologies. The gear also is available to partners in ScanSource's three other sales units.