Resellers for value-added distributor Westcon Group now may sell Brocade’s entire storage area network (SAN) product line.
Westcon Group said last week that it has expanded its relationship with Brocade; Westcon had been offering Brocade’s IP and Ethernet portfolio previously. But adding SAN to the mix means resellers have a new resource for designing customer networks. In fact, SAN is considered one of the most important technologies for the coming decade as the cloud takes hold.
“As customers begin to adopt cloud architectures – private, hybrid or public – resellers will surely benefit from the level of support and technical know-how that Brocade and Westcon can offer," said Barbara Spicek, Brocade’s vice president of global channels.
To that point, Westcon is adding Brocade into its training curriculum, dubbed LEAP (Learn, Experience, Architect and Plan).
All told, Westcon has added the following Brocade equipment to its lineup:
- The 16gbps fiber channel portfolio, which includes backbones, switches and adapters for virtualized data centers and private clouds;
- The VDX 6720 data center switch;
- The 8gbps fiber channel portfolio, which includes the appropriate backbones, switches and adapters for virtualized environments;
- The Brocade Network Advisor, a unified network management platform that supports fiber channel SANs, IP switching and routing, MPLS and more;
- And SAN transceivers, modules that plug into Brocade switches, backbones and more for fiber channel connectivity.