The Cloud Services Round Table (CSRT) announced Monday the expansion of its mission beyond caring and sharing to cloud services channel development activities, which may include joint contracts with cloud services providers.
The council was formed in May by master agencies Concierge Communications, Tempe, Ariz., and Terrapin Solutions, San Ramon, Calif., to organize master agencies focused on managed services, cloud computing and hosted services.
The expanded charter was developed at the council’s Sept.20 meeting held in conjunction with the Fall 2010 Channel Partners Conference & Expo in Washington, D.C. The member defined there objectives as follows:
- Provide a “care and share" group for master agents focused on cloud products and services. This will include development of members’ sales teams and agents, tools and information for agents and sales teams.
- Increase the number of cloud-focused subagents for each of the participating master agencies by offering education programs, participation in industry events, support structures for collaborative sales and agent recruitment activities.
- Create social media activities regarding cloud services
- Facilitate high commissions pass-through of each other’s provider portfolios to give access to a broad spectrum of cloud-based providers
- Hold joint prospective and existing provider meetings
- Evaluate joint provider contract possibilities.
“When we announced the CSRT as part of a ‘care and share’ initiative, we were not sure what we would expect with regard to membership requests," said CSRT Chairman Clark Atwood, vice president for Concierge Communications. “We received a stack of applications and inquiries from individual agents, traditional master agents, legal practices and many others. After meeting for the past several months online and in person at [the Channel Partners Conference & Expo], we have defined who we are, what framework we will build and where we are going."