Specialty distributor Westcon Group Inc. announced Wednesday the opening of its first global LEAP Center in Brussels. Next month, a LEAP Center will open in Denver, and others will follow in Sydney, Australia, and Singapore in the coming months.
LEAP (Learn, Experience, Architect and Plan) centers are dedicated "centers of excellence" for resellers to capitalize on data center opportunities related to next-generation technologies, including the Cisco Unified Computing System.
LEAP Centers allow resellers to test and experience an array of complementary solutions, such as the Cisco Unified Computing System, storage offerings from NetApp, EMC and virtualized applications from VMware, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and other manufacturers. Resellers are able to access these capabilities both on-site and via remote access.
By accessing the LEAP Center demo infrastructure, resellers are able to set up and host their own data center demonstrations without incurring the additional expense of procuring a dedicated data center network test environment. Each LEAP Center provides training on data center related products and provides proof-of-concept evaluations utilizing competitive server solutions.
LEAP Centers are supported by full-time, accredited staff.
The facilities were developed to provide:
• An ongoing showcase for industry-leading, networking, data center and virtualization technologies
• A facility that educates resellers and their end-user customers on recent data center and virtualization technologies
• A sophisticated lab environment for resellers to conduct testing and gain hands-on training with data center and virtualization solutions
• Onsite and remote access to component systems, products and solutions featured in the LEAP Center
• A destination briefing center for resellers to host customers for live demonstrations and tailored business case proposals
• The ability to review real world application benchmarks and proof-of-concept for server migrations and solution deployments