Image Gallery: Intel Security FOCUS 16
Intel Security won't officially be known as McAfee – an independent company – until it wraps its $4.2 billion spinoff from parent Intel in the second quarter of 2017, but that didn't stop it from making an unofficial transition at its FOCUS 16 event in Las Vegas this week.
It's only been six years since Intel acquired McAfee for $7.68 billion to beef up its security software and services and to build better security into its hardware. Of course, Intel never fully did away with the McAfee brand; reverting to it is expected to eliminate confusion — in particular among global customers.
When the spinoff is done, Intel will maintain a 49 percent share of McAfee, with the remaining 51 percent owned by private equity group TPG.
Channel Partners attended this week's security-fest at the Aria in Las Vegas. Our image gallery offers highlights.
Follow editor in chief Lorna Garey on Twitter.