A global law firm with more than 575 attorneys across 15 offices, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP sought to upgrade from its sluggish corporate network to a high-performance and secure network platform that would meet their needs for scalability, reliability and accessibility. McKenna Long & Aldridge required:
- Performance guarantees for collaborative applications used during client depositions
- Secure connections to highly-sensitive legal data and assets
- Reliable, future-proof technology that is simple to scale and manage
As a legal firm, the company conducts a significant amount of meetings and depositions. It was vitally important that these meetings go smoothly and that the technology never complicated the process. Access to complex legal documents over the network and business critical applications like voice and video needed to be extremely reliable.
Due to its anticipated growth, the firm sought an agile solution with fast deployment and real-time scalability. It sought a reliable partner who would fully manage its network platform.
After completing an extensive amount of research, McKenna Long & Aldridge chose Masergy’s Managed Cloud Networking with:
- Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) for secure managed connections to all offices;
- Internet Plus access with ability to maintain a high quality of service (QoS); and
- Cloud Remote Access for connecting employees to corporate assets from any Web-enabled device.
With these Managed Cloud Networking solutions, the firm could open new offices more quickly than ever before. One of the unique advantages the solution provided the firm’s IT team was the ability to modify bandwidth and service planes for their corporate network in real-time.
“We are often setting up, moving or closing offices as we grow – it’s part of the constant repositioning we do to best serve our clients," said Patrick Tisdale, CIO of McKenna, Long & Aldridge. “Masergy is much faster than its competitors in being able to respond to these changes in our business, implementing high quality communications services wherever we find our attorneys need to be."