The votes have been counted and PHONE+ is honored to congratulate J. Sherman Henderson, founder, president and CEO of Lightyear Network Solutions, for being selected the 2009 PHONE+ Channel Executive of the Year! PHONE+ presented Henderson with his award at the Spring 2009 Channel Partners Conference & Expo in Las Vegas. Nine other finalists also were honored for garnering spots in the Top 10.
PHONE+ solicited nominations and votes from channel partners to determine these top channel executives. To be eligible for this designation, the channel executive must be the top person in the company’s channel operations at a telecom vendor (network operator/service provider/manufacturer). Voters were asked to consider the executive’s leadership in the partner community, longevity in channel operations, innovation within the channel and contribution to the success of the indirect channel. PHONE+ received hundreds of votes to determine the Top 10 and winner.
With nearly 40 years of business experience, Henderson’s entrepreneurial spirit has propelled him to the top of many circles within the telecom arena. As directed by members of the indirect channel, PHONE+ gladly congratulates him on a job well done. PHONE+ is pleased to recognize Henderson and the finalists for their contributions to the advancement of telecom’s indirect channel.
Click on the names below to read profiles of the winner and finalists:
Winner: J. Sherman Henderson, Lightyear Network Solutions
- Finalist: J.D. Baker, ACC Business
- Finalist: A. Justin Chris-Tensen, TelePacific Communications
- Finalist: John Cunningham, McGraw Communications Inc.
- Finalist: Jim Delis, XO Communications
- Finalist: Ron Ireland, TMC Communications
- Finalist: Tom McGrath, Qwest Communications Inc.
- Finalist: Greg Plum, the Conference Group
- Finalist: Craig Schlagbaum, Level 3 Communications
- Finalist: Tom Sullivan, InterCall