news


Apple iPhone 4 Catches Fire, Literally

Apple‘s iPhone has burned a customer, literally.

A reader told tech site CrunchGear that he had a pretty big surprise when his iPhone burst into flames at his home.

The phone got hot then started smoking then blew up,” the man wrote.  My wife and kid were in the room and it set off my fire alarm. It slightly burned my hand when I tried to pick it up.  Basically the battery caught on fire.”

In a pretty amusing video with appropriate music in the background from the Boss,” the man reenacts what happened to his iPhone.

Apparently, he went back to an Apple store in Charlotte, N.C., for a replacement.

We hope his next battery doesnt get so hot.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Polls

In our Channel Influencer Awards digital issue, we highlighted eight technologies ready to "take off" in the channel this year. Which two will take off the most?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
The ID is: 82997